mandag 18. februar 2013

First studio set up

Did work as a scenographer for a Oslo based publisher earlier this fall. Colours! Colours everywhere!






Back in September I got a phone call out of the blue. I was so dumbfounded by it, I didn't even catch the name of the caller. And as I was on my way to work, I had to ask them to call me back later.

The Norwegian publisher IKO-forlaget was in the making of a new DVD for kids, some studio based, some animation. My job was to do the scenography for the studio part. This was all really low cost - expenses had to be kept at an absolute minimum. The producer envisioned the studio to have a look as it was situated in a church basement, just cozy. A combination of old and colourful, homely and basemently.

The two main characters in this show was the female storyteller and her companion, Lea the Mouse. Lea was a hand puppet, controlled by the wonderful actor Marianne.

Mock up dresser made out of cardboard and wood.

Not much more to say really, most of the backdrops and props were made out of cardboard and some wooden boards. And paint - colourful paint. Thanks to the cameraman, it all looked pretty ok when we were done.
The partly lit set during lunch break.


Lights! Cameras! Action!





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar