tirsdag 11. mars 2014

When I am not sewing, hammering or gluing...

Being in the start up phase as a freelance prop builder and costume make in a rather small town is hard. There's just so many projects going on at any given time - and you are not on top of the producers list - simply just because of lack of experience. On top of that, not having a driver's license, limits my possibilities to offer my services elsewhere.

So what do I do? I fill the time doing something creative and completely different. Well, it might not be THAT completely different, just switched the tools and materials with something else; namely sugar, egg and flour.



I've always had a sweet tooth. Loved chocolate, ice cream, cakes, pudding, cookies - food in general actually. Next step is of course making these things yourself. That's the main reason why I tried my hand at baking ten years ago. It started with baking a cake every now and then for some special occasion. Maybe a couple a year or so. Couple of years ago, I lost my day job. And finding a new job in any relevance to my education was next to impossible. So, to fill my time I started baking for any occasion I could find. Friends' birthdays, friends' friends' birthday. A random cake to give to my local grocery store. And so it. It was my way of staying creating and being able to make stuff without having to rent storage space to store the stuff in afterwards.
These are a few of my creations the last couple of years:

 





















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar